Tuesday 29 March 2016

A weekend in Pitlochrey


A couple of weeks ago we visited the picturesque Parkdean resort, Tummel Valley, Situated about 10 miles outside Pitlochrey.

We went away for the weekend to celebrate my in laws 40th wedding anniversary.(unfortunately I have no pictures of them and their gorgeous cake). This was our 3rd visit to this park. One of these visits was to experience The Enchanted Forest for my birthday. It is one of the most stunning things I have ever seen.


The Enchanted Forrest




Back to my most recent visit though......

We were lucky enough to stay in the lodges this visit which were absolutely gorgeous, they even have a washing machine!!!! (cant believe this excited me!!) They are so much more luxurious and spacious than the caravans.  
We arrived early evening on the Friday so we kept the rest of the night quite chilled. We took the kids down to the entertainment complex for a look around and for Ava to watch the kids entertainment. (She used to love the entertainment, but she found it quite boring this time. I don't think the entertainment team were the best this time around though).

We had a lovely longish lie on the Saturday morning then took the kids swimming in the complex. the pool is small so I would imagine in high season it would be really busy, but we were fortunate enough to have the pool almost to ourselves which the kids loved. After lunch we drove an hour down the road to Auchingarrich Wildlife Park. On arrival we didn't think much of the park but we were so wrong, the kids had an absolute ball as did the hubby as you will see from my photos. the park has a good variety of animals and a lovely play park and cafĂ©. If you are ever in the Perth area a visit to this park is a lovely afternoon out. 

our day at Auchingarrich
On the journey back we saw the most beautiful hot air balloon lifting (???) off

We spent Saturday night at the entertainment complex. We had a meal this time though, I wouldn't normally recommend the restaurant but their isn't anywhere else near by if you want to eat out. the food was typical chain restaurant food,  nothing exciting. We had a game of bingo!! (I won). the kids were pretty tired by this point so I headed back to the lodge with them and let the hubby stay out for a few pints with his brother.

I can't comment much on the Sunday as I had a terrible migraine, but the kids say they had a good day with daddy!!!

All in all it was a lovely weekend and we had lots of fun, but my favourite bit was the drive home, it reminded me how lucky I am to live in Scotland and what a beautiful country it is.



 I hope you enjoyed reading about our weekend. Where would you recommend for a fun filled break away with the kids?


Speak soon

Leigh Ann


  

No comments:

Post a Comment